This raw brownie recipe is one of my favorite raw delights, probably because it is so easy and turns out so well. The combination of the pistachios, chocolate and the spicy kick of cayenne are an awesome healthy guilt free treat.
The other good thing about this recipe is that it’s NOT made with refined sugar but instead made with whole foods, and a natural sweetener called DATES! Fresh dates are composed of soft, easily digestible flesh and simple sugars like fructose and dextrose. When eaten, they replenish energy and revitalize the body instantly.
Makes 6 brownies:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup of soaked and drained dates (soak for at least 2 hours)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 2 tbsp raw pistachios
- Place cashews on food processor and mix.
- Add soaked and drained dates, coconut oil, cacao, cayenne and salt.
- Mix until if forms a large ball.
- Transfer the mix into a bowl and mix through the goji berries and pistachios.
- Line a small square tray with baking paper and press mix evenly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.
This recipe is great for chocolate cravings and if you have kids you can always replace the cayenne and add ginger or cardamon powder to spice it up!!!